Case in point: I've also noticed that when someone does bother to take the time to review their profiles and craft a tactful message that shows even a modicum of interest in "getting to know you," such messages are hardly ever replied to--much less actually engaging in civilized conversation or *gasp* meeting up in person.
- Guy reads profile and sends a "nice" message to each of a quantity of girls on X dating site.
- Guy counts how many messages he sends out and how many replies he's received, and realizes that few people (if any) are actually engaging in any sort of conversation with the goal of meeting up—which I might add is the ostensible purpose of the site.
- Because said guy’s rate is minimal, he rationally thinks it over and decides to put minimal effort in--after all, it's not like he really has anything more to lose at this point. He also realizes that the ratio of men to women on most of these sites strongly favour women; often these are in the 2:1 to 4:1 range.
- Guy sends out messages about boobs and sex (or the simple "hi" or “what’s up?”) to more girls because, hey, it's not like they've been replying to him anyway.
- Guy either gets bored with the scheme or gets banned.
- Girl whines on her profile that "all people talk about are my boobs" and ask "wanna f*ck?" or send those dreaded one-word messages.
- Most females ignoring male messages means that more males then change their strategies accordingly--namely that they see that taking the time and showing interest in a message is getting them absolutely nowhere because most women don't bother to reply at all even though they expect, nay, openly demand that the guy make the first move (and thus bear 100% of the risk of rejection).
- Many girls are posting pictures of themselves that attract guys in precisely "those ways." As men tend to respond more to visual stimuli, they're going to zero in on the pics.
Go to Part II